Friday, August 12, 2016

Bucket List



I've had a few articles published lately, and I'm on my way to the next step.  That's right,  I have officially signed and sent a contract for A BOOK!  I've been working on this for most of the year, and it's finally feeling real.  

The book will be about suffering and surviving, overcoming challenges, and what can be learned through tough times.  It features my story, in two parts, along with the stories of several others, combined with commentary on the silver linings found during suffering. 

The initial comments from the publisher are quite positive:
"This is a book everyone should read as literally every family has been touched by this horrible disease.  I really enjoyed the Christian references discussing possible reasons and strength, understanding and perseverance.  This is an incredibly well written book." 

That's not a bad first review!  I'm working with another published author, with an "in," so I'm hoping that helps move things along.  Even so, it will still be months before anything is in print.  Stay tuned!  I will post updates as I know them.  I'm hoping to spread the word, and maybe even pay for my treatments for the next year from the sales!    

I thought for sure if I ever published a book, it would be in the realm of education, but it turns out I have plenty to teach through sharing my experiences with cancer.   It feels great to be knocking down the bucket list!  








No comments:

Post a Comment