Tuesday, April 10, 2018

H&P #37, Appointment with Fleener



I met with Dr. Fleener before treatment today.  I've been bleeding since my IUD has been out, so we basically just decided to talk to Dr. Jansky and now we are all leaning toward just removing my ovaries.  I'll discontinue the Zoladex shot and hopefully have less to worry about with estrogen.   We will wait until after my next MRI, just to be sure I'm good to go for surgery.  (This is really an easy one, especially with everything I've had!)

I am still doing Perjeta, for now.  I'll finish the Ibrance sample I'm on, but most likely not take it, as insurance won't approve because it's only FDA approved for breast cancer patients who are NOT Her2+.  I'll stay on Letrosole, though.  We are also trying to take away the benadryl I usually take to see if that will cut out a little on my treatment time + my tiredness.

And, the sweetest thing of all:
Before the end of the appointment, my sweet angel doctor complimented me.  She smiled and expressed that she was so grateful for my sweet spirit and that I was able to smile and laugh and bring some lightness to the office, as it's a rarity.  Even though she knows that I'm probably not always like this, she was grateful for my outlook and positivity.  I just really love her.

I was so touched that she brought this up because I was pondering today's appointment late last night and thought of a passage of scripture:


For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; 
but of power,
and of love,
and of a sound mind.
{2 Timothy 1:7}

I'm also so grateful for my faith in God, who knows me and knows the path He has for me.  There are so many things I want to be here for, so many special moments that won't be the same if cancer takes over, but I am so much better when I don't worry, stay positive, and remove fear from my outlook.

True, I've had sad days and days of worry, but I've been at this battle long enough to know that hope and peace and love bring much better results.  I've always been so grateful for the blessing of an alert mind, and love that this passage adds that into something that can help me not have fear for my future, but to rely on the power of God and on His love and the love of others.

As I continued reading, this passage had even more meaning:

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord,
but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
according to the power of God;

Who hath saved us,
and called us with an holy calling, 
not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace,
which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,


We all have afflictions and trials.  The phrase "afflictions of the gospel" was new to me.  I've heard it said over and over that "trials are for our learning and growth" or "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  To me, this scripture summarized that trials are part of life and of the "good news" of God:  He is teaching us and testing us to make more out of us than we could without Him.  Sometimes it hurts, but when we focus on His love and power, that's when fear leaves.

Thinking of my own trials....
When I endure those afflictions without fear and with the power of God to help me, I am helping to build and share my testimony of the Lord's influence and power in my life.

He has saved me in many ways and has a purpose for me in this life.  I pray that I can continue to follow it.  









4 comments:

  1. you look amazing. Cute Shoes!!! I was sorry to miss the baptism. Darn life gets in the way sometimes. Love you all lots and lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your words and this scripture, Mel. I am so glad you can keep a positive attitude! I have thought about you and Stephen a lot in the last few months as we have begun our journey. We love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

  3. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Robert Mary
    I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was Sicking of
    breast cancer and her name is Robert Jane, I and my family have taking
    her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided
    to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I
    find a lady called Sarah peter she was testifies to the world about
    the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all
    kind of disease and the herbal email was there. So I decided to
    contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast
    cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I
    should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that
    there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it
    and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I
    receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
    That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
    transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid
    for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the
    courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to,
    before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a
    dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very
    happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5
    million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my
    I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now
    here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any
    kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact
    Dr.ogididanspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2347067393105 for the cure, he will help you out
    with the problems.To get more information you can message me via email robertmary8947@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so happy today, my wife have been suffering from breast cancer for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to get my wife out of this , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after she took his medication as instructed, my wife is now completely cure from breast cancer within those week of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my wife life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have someone with cancer you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for more information .

    ReplyDelete