Thursday, January 3, 2019

An Emergency Rescue

This is the story of the best IV of my life.

My husband surprised me with a trip to visit my family over the holidays---BY MYSELF.

Leaving right after Christmas was a bit stressful, but it was great to see everyone and spend time laughing and having out.

Unfortunately, it seems I did too much, slept too little, suffered in the record cold temps, and let the altitude get to me.

I went to bed New Year's Eve with an upset stomach.  I woke up throwing up.  Then, I got really tired and really loopy.  Something like this has happened before. The last time, I wasn't aware that I was talking nonsense.  This time, I knew what I was trying to say AND that I couldn't make my brain say those words.  My crazy text to Stephen convinced him to come save me.


He got an emergency flight right away, bringing fluids and steroids.

And, even though he warned me that needle stick would hurt...I DIDN'T FEEL A THING except better.  The best stick of my life was right under the same roof this whole time!

We think this episode was brought on by stress, exhaustion, dehydration, bad food, and altitude.

Since being home, I haven't had a headache.

God bless Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment