Wednesday, April 10, 2019

H&P #53 + Dr. Coolio

Last Tuesday, I showed up for my regularly scheduled chemo + doctor appointment.  

I received the good news that my bone scan results showed no new growth and nothing to worry about for now!  





I received the bad news that somewhere along the scheduling line someone skipped a week and I couldn't have my chemo.  


Here I am, a week and a day later, here for treatment.  I am also quite nauseous and off my game today.  One of the nurses even asked me where the "normal Cooper" is.  Maybe you need your wig and tutu, she suggested.   Nope.  Just Zofran.  



New shoes, a surprise from Stephen will help, too!




I've been pondering on my brain troubles lately.  As cancer tries to keep creeping into my cranium, I become even more aware of what an asset this brain of mine has been.  One of my great talents used to be intelligence and the ability to remember and recall information.  I have always been grateful for being blessed with those abilities and being able to use them to teach others.  
These days, I realize that it's a good thing that I used to be smart.  Radiation on my brain has taken its toll and knocked me down several points on the IQ scale.  I'm glad I had a few points to lose.  It is quite frustrating to have lost so much of what used to come naturally-memorized information, facts, words themselves.  Thankfully, my kids still know it's hard to get one past Mommy, which might not last too many years longer.  
 I was blessed by God with a keen and alert mind for most of my life.  Who knew that I would need extra in this area to be able to keep up as cancer tries to take over? Maybe God knew that I would need an excess of brain power early on in order to continue to be able to grasp some sense of intelligence now that my brain has been fried.  I had some smarts to spare, and I still have a sense of humor in this whole thing!   

No comments:

Post a Comment