Saturday, April 2, 2022

Doctors, Doctors Everywhere

 



The past few weeks seem to have been filled with all things medical.  
On Monday, I picked up Evan from school and went to meet our new dentist.  However, we did not have an appointment there for Monday.  
Fast forward to Tuesday, the actual appointment day.  I showed up to the school for Evan and did the e-rays and cleanings.  I had one small cavity, which was not that hard to correct, especially when thinking back to all the past oncologists and dentist who have given me wantings and concerns about how chemotherapy and other cancer treatments can really mess up previously healthy teeth.  Today's news of a small cavity gives me reason to give thanks, as it is the only tooth trouble I've been faced with in the last 9+ years.  
Wednesday, it was back to the dentist's office to have that cavity filled.  

I had this little guy as my partner in dental surgery.  He asked so many questions, that he just might have a new career goal! No cavities for him!  



Keep on brushing and flossing, and BTHO tooth decay and gum disease. 


Thursday had me traveling to the Cancer Clinic for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Tafur.  He wanted to check in with me after that MRI results and to plan for the rest of April.  Everything looks fine! Let's keep on track with Enhertu and Zometa. 


I



Looking on the wall of prayers and gratitude in the lobby reminds me of all the answered prayers in my life.  I am very blessed.  



Last doctor for the week: 
I now have a Primary Care Physician: Dr. Coombs, to write and refill prescriptions.  At least that's the main reason for me to see him, as I see it.  

Went to pick up said drugs on Saturday, and no they did not yet exist.  Here's hoping.  


I will keep on keeping on.  So far in the new place, my medical team consists of:
Dr. Tafur: oncologist
Dr. Sun: radiation oncologist
Dr. Scranton: neurosurgeon 
Dr. Coombs: primary physician
Dr. Sun: dentist
lovely nurses and techs in all categories

I still have been instructed to find:
gynecologist
paliative care
cardiologist 
and maybe more to come.  


It's crazy to think that I am actually pretty healthy---unless you count cancer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment