Sunday, December 27, 2015

After the Last Round


"Better out than in, I always say."
                      ----Shrek


This has been the theme of the last few weeks, as my body attempts to rid itself of that last round of chemo.  I finally experienced the "extreme diarrhea" I was warned about in the beginning.  It kept me in bed for an entire day and then came back with a vengeance for round two.  

If the poison wasn't trying to escape through my digestive system, it was popping out all over through my skin.  New little friends showed up each day in the usual places---my arms, legs, and entire torso: 




Up until now, I've been able to keep these covered because they were all in locations under clothes, but it finally made its way to my face this round.  Not only am I dealing with feeling sick, losing all my hair, and having no energy, but now I've been able to feel like an acne-prone teenager again!  I'm just hoping that whatever I'm reacting to is going to make its way out and then be gone for good.  

It hasn't always felt better going out than being in this round.  However, it's almost out, and hopefully I'm better.  (We will find out after my scan on Tuesday!)     
                   

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mel! They looks mighty uncomfortable! So sorry. Hope it all come out and stays out!

    ReplyDelete