Tuesday, December 29, 2015

RADIOACTIVE!!! (The After PET Scan)

Natassia had a PET Scan today.  This scan will hopefully show no evidence of disease. 



I was able to have my port accessed by my lovely nurses at the Cancer Clinic prior to checking in for the PET scan this time.  Even though we had to use 2 different needles and stick me 3 times, it was still MUCH better than an IV.  I was sent off to the PET scan with a bag of flushes and ready to become radioactive.  After the injection, I waited 45 minutes for full potency, emptied my bladder, and went in for the 20 minutes of scans. 

There were the familiar warnings: your heart and bladder are the most radioactive for the next two hours, so stay away from young children, and especially don't hug them, hold them, or let them sit in your lap.  {Basically, what you're telling me is I have 2 hours to myself????? SWEET!}  Lunch, errands---oil change and post office---with no children?  Practically a vacation. 

Now we wait.  I'm hoping for the best and preparing for anything less.  As Kyle predicted: "I bet it will be mostly gone, but not completely."  We shall see......



2 comments:

  1. Diabetes Destroyer

    As a parent with Type 2 diabetes, you may have concerns your children will also develop the disease. While some risk factors for diabetes are inherited and can't be changed, there are several causes of this form of diabetes you can do something about. Find out more about what you can do to help your child live a healthy life and decrease their risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.

    http://rockthestockreviews.org/diabetes-destroyer-system-review/

    ReplyDelete