Monday, May 29, 2017

H&P #23

This one hit me hard.  Whether in a combination of overdoing it over the holiday weekend, poor food choices, or just "fun" side effects from the meds, it was a hard day.  I was supposed to have a conference call and was so knocked out I slept through my alarm!!!

It really isn't easy to NEVER be done with all of this.  Demoralizing, actually.  No end in sight, and my body slowly breaks down.  It's like Russian Roulette, waiting and guessing when/where/if cancer will return and how badly.  I try to stay positive and "keep fighting," but this 4-year-long war has already taken its toll--on me, on my family, on those who have given their time and talents to help us.    But, what am I going to do?  Give up?  Not a chance!  So, forward we march, onward, ever onward!

I'm reminded of the words to this hymn:

Called to serve Him, heav'nly King of glory,
Chosen e'er to witness for his name,
Far and wide we tell the Father's story,
Far and wide his love proclaim.

Called to know the richness of his blessing--
Sons and daughters, children of a King--
Glad of heart, his holy name confessing,
Praises unto him we bring.

Chorus
Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;
Onward, ever onward, as we glory in his name;
Forward, pressing forward, as a triumph song we sing.
God our strength will be; press forward ever,
Called to serve our King.

Words: Grace Gordon, alt.
Music: Adam Geibel, 1855-1933

Throughout this journey, I've had a few experiences that have led me to believe that there is purpose in trial, that it's important to trust God and serve Him, in good times and bad.  I have been chosen to be a witness of miracles, so I can testify of God's glory.  At times, it seems He could make his point in much simpler ways, but perhaps there are specific individuals who need to hear my experiences in order to find faith for their own trials.  As long as there is something I can do to press forward, being Called to Serve, I will.


I wasn't in much of a butt-kicking mood, so the slippers felt more appropriate.  


1 comment:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you don in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested CANCER SIMPLEX VIRUS positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem or you are also infected with any kind of disease, contact him Drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there

    ReplyDelete