Sunday, June 25, 2017

Leave it to Fleener




















Dr. F wanted to schedule a short-notice appointment from some questions I asked at treatment earlier in the week.  I snagged one of the first appointments of the morning and decided to just bring these guys and their books/iPads with me.  






I've been having a few days of blurry vision--no patterns, no consistency, and no progression.  It doesn't make sense that it would be cancer--more likely related to the meningitis/encephalitis. However, just to rule out cancer, Dr. F wanted to move my MRI up to next week.  That way, we will be able to rule out the worst and then start working on things from there--opthamologist, etc.  

The other purpose of this appointment was to discuss the timing of starting me on a pill to go along with the shot I've already started.  After a few questions about symptoms from the shot--Am I having hot flashes? (no) Any other symptoms?  (cramping, period.)  You're not bleeding, are you?  (Yep.)

Well, that makes our decision about the pill because I can't take it if I'm still menstruating.  It's weird that I have an IUD AND am on an Estrogen-blocking drug and am STILL bleeding.  It could be that I had a thick lining, and my body is getting it out.  After all, I've only had 3 shots.  Or, it could be that I am that weird patient that, if anything is going to go wrong or be weird, it will be me!

I seriously love this doctor.  I also found out this week that another friend has cancer.  She was able to get in with Dr. Fleener, and I'm so happy that her prognosis is good!!  

In other news, as if we needed another medical issue, on Saturday, Stephen woke up from a nap with intense pain that continued to become worse.  He figured it was something to do with his gall bladder.  He went to the ER, and sure enough, it was!  He was able to come home with pain meds and push surgery to a later date.  LUCKY US!!!  It's seriously always something!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment