Tuesday, September 12, 2017

H&P #28

Living in Seasons


I've heard about different "seasons of life."  This phrase usually refers to a persons' age/life events at various times through mortality.  For me, this phrase has taken on more of a literal meaning, as I have started actually thinking about my life in seasons: those 3-month chunks I have in between happy scan results and the next time I have to be scanned again, when I don't have to think about cancer.

After such great news about cancer-free scans and still being in remission, a great sense of relief comes over me.  I get to take a deep breath and not worry about cancer for a season, hoping that the next 3 months will continue with similar answers.

This hope is why I can go on today with a smile, even while the threat of the next cancer season is always looming.  {Winter is coming....}
I try to remember this advice in all the hard things, as our nation and our world seem to be swept up in various natural disasters and attacks of hate.

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.”
                                                              ― Roy T. Bennett


I have hope for today, and the day after that, and for as many days as I'm allowed to stay, knowing that all our days here are only temporary.  I have learned quite well to look for the good in each day, even if it's just that I've been given one more day with those I love.  

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” 
― Tom Bodett

I am blessed to have many "someone's" to love, much still to do, and the hope for more time.  Who knows how many more seasons I have, but I never want to stop hoping for more.  

“Hope is the thing with feathers 
That perches in the soul 
And sings the tune without the words 
And never stops at all.” 
― Emily Dickinson 







Look who got to visit me today!



Continuing to give cancer the boot---with pretty, pink suede shoes!!


*updates on treatment:  
since the Zoladex shot doesn't seem to be doing its job of putting me into full menopause--I started a full period a day after the last one--I'm moving to only having shots once every 3 months, instead of monthly.  Perhaps my body doesn't want to be told what it will do OR when.  (Not surprised, at all.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment