Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Shot #6 (Right Side) PET Scan, MRI

I read a 300 page novel yesterday.  

I hadn't planned on it, but I had so much *free* time while I waited for medical procedures.  


First, I have my fifth shot.  This one didn't hurt at all!  


Next, I waited to have my port accessed for the PET scan.  


Then, I waited for the radioactive juice to flow through me and had another PET Scan.  


The technicians weren't allowed to remove the port needle, so I went back to my chemo nurses for that.  


Had a little cat nap during the PET.


I was able to get away from the hospital for some lunch, having fasted since the night before for the PET.   Then, I returned to the hospital and waited, and waited, and waited.  FINALLY, 40 minutes late, it was my turn for an MRI.  Without contrast went well.  Then, we had to wait to have my port accessed AGAIN for the scan with contrast.  FINALLY, the tests and procedures for the day were complete, and Ryan was only ten minutes late to his first day of gymnastics, where I watched and waited and finished reading the last 4 chapters.    

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a long, tiresome day. I hope all is well with your tests. Our prayers are doubled when you have test days. What book did you read? I'm about ready for a new read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, time spent reading a good novel is never really wasted. I know what you mean about waiting in the hospital. Lord knows I’ve had my fair share of waiting for my turn at a PET or MRI scan. Maybe I should follow your example and bring a book with me the next time I get scheduled for an appointment.

    ReplyDelete