Thursday, December 28, 2017

A Little Magic

When we tried to schedule my muga, there was nothing open all week at St. Joe's.  The Med was closed.  I really needed that test to be done before the end of this year, so it was on my 2017 deductible.  I've already reapplied for the prescription assistance program that I was on this year for next year, which means that my first dose of treatment could be covered, thus reducing the amount we have to pay out-of-pocket for our 2018 deductible.  If I'm not able to get the test done, I'm not able to take the drug, which means my deductible would end up paying for the test and not saving me money.

However, there is a magician at Dr. Fleener's office.  Jennifer was able--against all odds--to find me a time for my scan this week!  She's a miracle worker!!!

I didn't have much time to worry about it, as the boys are all so, so sick.  So sick that they slept through opening Christmas presents!

With a little magic---and a smile and a wink---I was able to convince the nurse to let us see all three boys at the same time....at the last minute.  They all have the same thing...why not just swab them all at the same time?

We were a sad story, waiting for the doctor and results.  Turns out, we have walking pneumonia, and thankfully, were able to pick up meds STAT.  The pedi mentioned that I might want to call my doctor and let her know what was going on with the boys, in case I also needed to be medicated.  By that time, the Cancer Clinic was already closed, so I had to leave a message with the answering service.

I head over to the pharmacy to wait for the boys' drugs.  Right as I pulled into the parking lot, Dr. Fleener called, having received my message.  After I explained the situation, she agreed to call in a prescription for me, also.
"What pharmacy?"
"Walgreens of Fitch."
"I'm actually SHOPPING at Walgreens on Fitch right now?"
"REALLY?!?  I'm in the parking lot!"
"Come in, and I'll walk back to the pharmacy and 'call in' a prescription for you!"


She's seriously the coolest.  How many doctors would do that?  LOVE HER.

I'm telling you.....between scheduling working out, people in our corner, and a little magic, we're just gonna make it through 2017!









1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from CANCER, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered cancer in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of abnormal vaginal bleeding, and she always have pain during sexual intercourse. . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to cancer . I never imagined cancer. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. cancer. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete