Tuesday, June 12, 2018

H&P 40


I did not expect to be so emotional today.  I should have been prepared.   
It's an emotional thing to tell people you love that you soon will be leaving them for the far-off lands of the Dallas area.  And, there were many tears today. 


A new job will soon take us away from Aggieland, and what's hitting me hardest is leaving my medical care behind.  Sure, there are most likely a few good health care professionals up north, but I already have more than a few amazing people here.  

I still have time, but it felt like the hourglass tipped today, and that time my with my cancer clinic family is slipping away.  Thank goodness for hugs and prayers and the love I feel for them being returned.  It's a special thing to know that people are not just doing their job to help you stay healthy.  Here, I've felt true care, CHARITY.  

I don't now how anyone gets through difficult times without love like this.  

Recently, I've focused on faith and hope being necessary to my survival thus far, but I left out charity,   the greatest of these. (see 1 Cor. 13: 13).

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; 
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth:"
(see 1 Cor. 13: 4-8).

This team, which I am saddened to leave, has never failed me.....in the three years I've been with them.  They are in the business of healthcare, but they accomplish this care through an amazing use of faith, hope, and charity.  





2 comments:

  1. You sacred me at first. At least you are only leaving for Dallas. I was afraid you were going somewhere more permanent. There are wonderful cancer services in Dallas, but Houston is not that far away either. I can be a taxi if you need it. I have folks in Dallas - Danny's brother and then there is Angela. You won't be all alone. Please call if you need help. You can always come here as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're sad... so I'll try not to get too excited at the possibility of lunch dates in my future...❤

    ReplyDelete