Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Cardiologist


Today I made a visit to Dr. Raza's office.  She really is awesome and even remembered to ask about how our family tradition of modeling the scenes of The Twelve Days of Christmas went.

I had prepared myself for the EKG I was told would happen with EVERY visit: 
comfortable clothes, nothing too bulky or fussy, as I would have to remove it all from the waist up. 
I undressed, as directed, and waited on the bed for the tech to bring in the cart.

Then, what to my wondering eyes [or EYE, in my case!] should appear?
The doctor, with no cart to her rear.  

My BP was fine today.  My last ECHO was "great!"
We needed to to schedule the next ECHO for next month, 
and she wanted to schedule my next check-up for three months.

"I see you wore your workout clothes today.  
Did you just get here from the gym?"

Umm...nope.  About the only thing I'm doing is carrying laundry up and down the stairs!

"Well, that's more than many of my patients do, but I think you can do more.
Keep working at it for the next three months.
Don't hesitate to call me if you ever need anything.
 Until then, take care, and I'll see you soon!"

I got out of bed and drove all that way for five minutes?  
[I should've stopped and got that Dr. Pepper, after all!]

At least my eyebrows were on point today!


No comments:

Post a Comment