Friday, January 24, 2020

After Chemo #3

I enjoyed a restful, drug-induced nap through chemo on Wednesday, and I had a regular bowel movement this morning. One would wonder if I had a spa day this week 

 That is a HUGE improvement from being constipated  from Tuesday to Sunday on the first infusion.  Even though my dietician wants me to be more active, '"like take a walk or a jog or something" (yeah, right!), and the person who wrote up my lab reports, cautioned me about my health- (duh--I'm on cancer-fighting poison.), and warned me not to take supplements 24 hours before- (stay in your lane, please. My oncologist can be the one to give me the big advice, since she knows all the treatments, results, and history, thanks.)




I reached the halfway point with Wednesday's treatment, and am a bit shocked by how I'm feeling by the same time on Friday.  (Is it only two days later?)


Don't die; don't delay.  Don't die; don't delay......



Amazingly, my health has gone well.  The week has been a little more stressful that I expected, though, thanks to Stephen's work week, the weather not cooperating for the kids to get themselves to and from school--cold/rainy, some extra school stuff for the kids, Oh, and me having to use Youtube  to Dermabond (Stitch) my aunt's face up after she fell down the stairs and into a beam in my kitchen, since it happened after Stephen was on the way to work and before the boys had woken up.  We didn't want them to see the blood shooting onto the floor or walls.  It was bad enough for them to see blood on her clothes.  I was actually proud of my medical work and not freaking out myself, as this was a bleeder.  First, I watched the online 'training."  Then, I needed to get the bleeding slowed down before gluing the wound, especially since it was on the face, above the eyebrow. I got some ice on it to help with pain and to get some swelling down, for a clean closure.

Then, the real Dr. Mom work could begin.    


I got some large, sterile gloves on my tiny hands and disinfected the site.  




I followed the Youtube instructions, and even though it should have been "just ok," it was better than that.  





There was a much bigger black eye today, but very little pain, according to the patient.  




Today is my last day of steroids for this round, so I'm praying to be able to keep health at a better than "just ok" level.

BTHOC--again!

I've decided to try my hardest to stay alive and to keep the health up to fight this beast into the ground.



No comments:

Post a Comment