Tuesday, March 23, 2021

ECHO ASAP

 In order to begin a new chemotherapy to battle my aggressive cancer, I was required to have my heart checked, for a new baseline.  My regular cardiologist appointment (every 3 months) was scheduled for April 7, and when I called to get in a STAT appointment, I was told there was nothing available.  


Messaged Dr. Cole, an opening came up two days later.  


Thankfully, my dear friend gave up her own time to, for the third time this week, drive me for another cancer-related something.  


I had an amazing tech, who responded to my crazy kindness and story of cancer highs and woes in a positive way.  She shared back with me, and was exactly the person I needed that day.  She told em the orders were just for a quick ECHO.  After hearing my background, she decided to stay a little longer and give me the full deal.  We talked about children and teens and devices and I helped her out with ideas from my experiences.  She actually thanked me when it was finished.  


Somedays surprise me, even now.  You never know what you are going to get.  I do know that I have an unbelievable support group from all the places in which we have lived, and some who are friends of friends whose hearts and minds have been touched by this journey. Thank you ALL for the messages of love and supports and prayers of mourning with my lows and praising God for the highs.  

I have tested and I am blessed.  Like is challenging, but those battles lead me forward in the journey, and sometimes I do get to rest and walk in between a major battlefront.  I've been resting, and now it's time to put back on my fighting boots.  



I don't know where this battle will take me, but I'm ready for the next leg of it.  And, my heart seems to be, too.  




No comments:

Post a Comment