Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Enhertu #4 +Potassium

 My mommy brought me to chemo today!  



After normal BP + heart rate and blood drawn, Big Mike took me back to the other side to meet with Dr. Coolio.  It's been a long time.  She was on vacation, I was not on the same schedule, so we finally met up today.  

Amazingly, my lab work was mostly in the positive.  .  It's such a difference from not too long ago, when I heard that I was in liver failure!  All my liver numbers were normal today, and even my white blood cell counts were in the normal!  The only major concern was that darn potassium, yet again.  With that news, I knew my infusion time would have an extra 2 hours added.  I have had worse news!






Next, it was back to today's infusion room and ready to wait for pharmacy to catch up.  My nurse, Lisa, had the great idea to start potassium while we waited.  I just love when people think outside of the box and for the patients!  I wasn't able to completely finish potassium before starting Enhertu, but it was nice to get a head start on the whole process and cut out some of the pesky two hours.  

How fun it was to talk with my mom and get to catch up in person.  It's hard to live so far away, and we comment often on wishing we had a time machine or other quick transport device.  Today was a gift.  



There is so much love around me as I continue to fight the cancer beast.  How thankful I am for strong examples in my parents as well as in higher branches on my family tree.  Also, I cannot adequately express my gratitude for my spouse and the perfect team we have made for the last 21 years.  With all the stories I've heard through my journey of women's partners leaving during the cancer battle, my love and respect for this man only grows.  My children give me the biggest reason to keep fighting, and my layers and layers of support groups from friends and acquaintances, loved ones and family lift me up daily.  


 In 3 Fridays' time, scans should reveal if Enhertu is doing the job it been called to do.  I'm not focusing on the anxiety of worry.  I am a strong believer in a positive attitude.  As long I can be inspired by the love of my peeps and I continue to move forward with one foot in front of the other, I will be fine.  I choose joy.  

  





No comments:

Post a Comment