Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Enhertu #8

 I met with Dr. Cole's PA today.  


My white blood count was stable, but my red blood count was a little lower than last appointment.  That makes me slightly anemic, but not badly enough to need a blood transfusion.  Platelets are normal.  

It's time to schedule another ECHO, which they will try to set up just before the next infusion.  


I'm another year older now, and I'm feeling it in my overall energy level.  It's low.  There seems to be so much to do with the boys back at school and all three in practices, the latest one going until 9pm every weeknight.  That gives us so little time to just be.  It's go, go, go all the time.  I'm so behind on blogging and writing my next book.  I'll get back into the new-NEW normal and start to figure out how to squeeze more in and make all the puzzle pieces go together.  It will just take some time.  




I'm so grateful for Enhertu working and fighting in a way that keeps my body in a more normal zone. I'm grateful that I'm able to help my children and keep up on all the 'mom' things [although all those things do exhaust me] more than I have been able to on the last few treatments.  


I'm thankful to have made it through another infusion and another birthday and to be here to celebrate the few minutes a night with my husband of 21 years and my 3 children. 

And, as always, the grit to keep kickin' it. 




1 comment:

  1. Happiest late birthday! Keep enjoying the 40’s! Breaks are needed but life is good. And I’m sure the anemia doesn’t help the exhaustion

    ReplyDelete