Thursday, September 9, 2021

ECHO

 I did not realize that an ECHO is needed every three months on Enhertu.  I guess it has some of the same components as Herceptin, which did need these heart checkups, as a side effect from that drug is cardiomyopathy. I guess the list of side effects for my new drug was so hefty that I must have overlooked heart function this time.  


Here we go again.  It's nothing new.  


Everything from the waist up comes off.  




Robe open to the front.  

And just like that---the test is done.  


I am reminded of the 20th anniversary of 9/11,  Stephen and I were both attending Texas A&M.  Our school is awesome.  20 years ago, students formed a coalition with the shirt company that had already established "Maroon Out" t-shirts.  They imagined a concept of a "Red, White, & Blue Out" game, the proceeds going to support the hero's in NYC.  For the 20th year commemoration, Aggies did it again.  It's crazy to imagine that 20 years have gone by since that horrible day.  I feel for all those who lost and am glad to have the cost of a t-shirt go to help the families of victims.  


I also read a journal entry from that day:

I was at A&M, starting my senior year. Stephen and I had this old tv that took its time to warm up. It went to a Spanish channel first, for some reason, and then switched over to cable. Right as I heard the English of the Today show switch over, I saw the picture of a plane that had crashed into one tower of the trade center. As I was watching to learn more, I saw a second plane crash live. It was all a bit alarming, as no one seemed to know what was going on. 
Even as this terror was occurring, classes were still in session. I kept trying to check in as I could, but didn't even have a cell phone yet!
It wasn't until I finally walked in the door after classes, that I saw the true devastation. I never for one minute thought the towers would collapse. I remember that when I walked through the door, I saw the smoke and debris from the first tower collapse and the second one collapse live. I stood in front of that tv and cried and cried.  
All those people--in the towers, in the planes, and on the ground, who had gone about their mornings as usual, not knowing they wouldn't be returning home
That evening. Heartbreaking. 
As hard as it was to see the evil and hate that exists in this world, the humanity and love that comes through when we pull together to help each other through tough times also exists. There is always light to be seen, even in the darkest of times. 
I will never forget.

[Even in the midst of terror and pain and sadness, there is hope.  I have learned a piece of that lesson as I have and continue to fight the darkness of cancer.  May I never forget and never give up.]


Results came, and my heart is in the low-normal range.  
Time to keep on fighting this beast.  
It seems my heart is....mostly....in it.  





2 comments:

  1. There is always light to be seen, even in the darkest of times. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now! I'm finally free from the damn shit! Cancer. I can't just believe I'm totally cured at last! If you have never try natural herbs products this is what you, im recommended you to drubarlo here. and don't be deceive by people who choose to say the truth, that cancer don't have a cure meet him here Email drubarlohome@gmail.com OR add on whatsapp +2348119508814

    ReplyDelete