Friday, December 10, 2021

Last Scans in Frisco

 It never fails.  Every time it comes time for scans, someone asks if I'm nervous/worried.  



I'd be lying if I said that bad results were never on my mind, but I prefer to focus on the positive.  There have been great scan results in the past and terrible ones, too.  But, I hold on to the hope that things will work out fine.  Whether these come back still clear or with news of a new tumor growth, I know that I will face and fight it with faith.   




The techs have come and gone over the last few years.  Only one of my two personal favorites, Dan and Suzie, remains.  Dan has moved on to a different hospital, and Susie shared that he asks about me every they meet.  They have made a great impact in my journey.  After hearing this bit of information, my mind pondered on how I have made an impression on them, as well.   Why do some people come in to our lives for such a short time, but leave a lasting influence? I'm not sure why or how it all works, but I do know that kindness and smiles do wonders.  



The scans went well.  I feel at peace, either way the results come out.  I know that I have support and love from so many sources that I will be empowered to continue fighting.  


I had lunch with one of these sources, this week.  This friend has been an incredible example of strength and faith in the face of hardship.  She has endured great trials and kept up her fight in all the hard things and is beyond strong. And, she told me to not give up the fight.  She helped remind me that "I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me." (Phillipians 4:13) When I believe this and become this, I feel that I am truly strong, like my strong friend, and can keep fighting.

January 2022 marks NINE YEARS that I have been on this journey!  I joked in the beginning, that I just needed to keep living a year at a time, and the next new drug would be released.  As I think on my gratitude for this year, my mind knows that all the wonderful memories from this year are because of this new drug I have been on, and doctors and nurses and family and friends who have ministered to me.  And, they are all , whether they realize it or not, acting in God's name.  


And, this love, service, and charity is what this time of year is all about.  I have the hope and faith to keep on fighting and kicking cancer to the curb.



No comments:

Post a Comment