Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesdays with Melodee

If I had hair, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to tell I have cancer this week. I've been able to eat what I want and do what I want, having my regular energy. It's been a blessing and even a vacation!

Speaking of vacations, because I felt so well, we were able to take a weekend getaway trip to my cousin's wedding! I'm so grateful it ended up working with my good weeks--silver lining. I only really needed to pull the "cancer card" in order to sneak into the AC a little early since I was BAKING in my wig. I forgot to bring a scarf, so I ended up spending the entire reception completely bald, but I was in good company!

Since Stephen has picked up several extra shifts at work, the boys and I decided to stay in Dripping Springs for the rest of the week, and the relaxing and rejuvenating has continued. There's been a little organizing, lots of time with family, and plenty of this:





I can almost forget I've got to start this entire process all over again next week.  


2 comments:

  1. Oh so happy for you! Soak up some rays for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling well! You definitely appreciate it more during the whole chemo process. I hope these last two FEC treatments are kind to you!

    ReplyDelete