Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesdays with{out} Naqvi

I made my first trek to "The Med Center" today to have my official pre-op with Dr. Boutros.  The first words out of his mouth had nothing to do with surgery.  "We need to have a talk about our quarterback.  What is he THINKING?!?  As much as I hate it for the team, I think they should release him.  I'd rather lose with honor than win by cheating."  Nothing like a little football talk to take the stress off the MASSIVE SURGERY I'm about to have and the mounds of paperwork I have to initial and sign in order to acknowledge my consent to have this procedure and my understanding of the pages and pages of possible side effects and complications.  It's a big deal.  Not just the football stuff--the surgery, too.

After I signed my life away--pretty much literally, at least portions of my body that aren't needed can be thrown away--it was time for the *real* fun part---the "Before" pictures.  There's really nothing like posing for a bunch of nude mug shots, from all angles, in front of people you just met five minutes before.  "Don't worry, " they said.  "We won't post any of these to your Facebook page."  {Thanks!}  

I know this surgery isn't easy, and the recovery is intense, but after all I've been through this year, it's just another bridge to cross.  There's only 2 weeks until the big day and lots still to prepare.  School supplies to buy, plans for the boys to make, meals to prepare, errands to run.....the list goes on and on.  With all the stress involved, there's also a bit of excitement.  Lots of changes coming up, and mostly good ones!     

 

1 comment:

  1. Two weeks?! Sheesh. You must be going crazy trying to prepare as much as possible for the recovery ahead of you. I am happy for you for the outcome. It will be worth it. You are doing awesome with your positive outlook. Still praying for you multiple times a day. Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete