Wednesday, April 19, 2017

H&P#21

It's been a rough week.

What was supposed to be a leisurely weekend in San Antonio turned into me unable to walk or talk or remember anything----an emergency ride back to College Station and a following hospital stay.  I had aseptic meningitis, which caused encephalitis, and I basically skipped over three days of my life.  I cannot remember much of Friday through Monday.  It was scary and a terrible 40th birthday for Stephen.  I was released yesterday, and I'm back at treatment today.
The good news is all the tests showed that my brain lesions have shrunk even further and everything else seems to be well.  I'm just super tired and weak from being in bed for so long and am trying to take it slow.  This whole thing also solidified what an amazing husband I have, how much he loves me, that my boys have been trained well, and that my in-laws are priceless, going above and beyond. We are only making it work between their help and service from friends.

Lately, I won't deny that I have asked, "Why?" quite a bit.  What else do I need to endure to learn what I need to learn?  What more? My family needs me! I want to be here for them and with them!

I found this small answer in scripture:

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. (1 Peter 4:12-13)


First, I know I am God's "Beloved."  He knows me and loves me.

Next, trials are not unusual; we all have them, and they will help prove that we are on Christ's side and seeking to learn the things He would have us learn.

Who knows how much more I'll be called to endure, but for now, I'm hoping to endure it well.  (Minus that little episode when I didn't know what I was saying and yelled at my kids, "I WANNA EAT MAXO!  I WANNA EAT MAXO!!!  Maxo was Grandma's dog, and apparently I was trying to say I wanted Mexican food for dinner!  I'm sure we'll laugh about that for years to come!)

For now, I'm back in remission!

And, Mexican food doesn't sound too bad!




2 comments:

  1. Oh Mel! You sweet, poor, amazing being! Thank you for sharing your journey with us with all the highs and lows. We continue to pray for you. We love you! I'm so glad you are feeling and doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you don in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested CANCER SIMPLEX VIRUS positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem or you are also infected with any kind of disease, contact him Drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there

    ReplyDelete