Wednesday, April 5, 2017

MRI + Leave it to Fleener

Today was a big day.  A BIG day.....one we've been waiting on since I finished my whole-brain radiation.  

Today was MRI day....the follow-up MRI, which would should IF and how well the treatment worked to get me back to the land of the living, to extend my life span from the 6-12 month timeline and closer to the remission track.  

The MRI went smoothly.  No problems with needles or machines or time frame.  It was easy in, easy out.  



Then, I got to have lunch with Stephen, since he was off early!!  This also meant he could go to my appointment with Dr. Fleener!


We already had the phone call about GREAT PET results, but we got the official report:

"No abnormal areas of tracer localization are seen in the neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis, or the skeleton.  No hypermetabolic cervical, axillary, intrathroacic, abdominal, or pelvic lymph nodes, liver, adrenal, or skeletal lesions are seen.  


NO EVIDENCE OF FDG AVID METASTATIC DISEASE.  STABLE EXAM SINCE 1/31/17!!!!!"



Dr. Fleener also was able to call and bet the reports EARLY from my MRI!!!!  There's no official report or images yet, but........


SHE CAME INTO THE ROOM WITH A SMILE AND A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!  

The radiologist said that the tumors have decreased so much that he "had to squint to see any evidence."  

She knew it was improved.  She wanted to know a number---HOW MUCH HAVE THEY IMPROVED???


"99%"

Let me repeat that.....NINETY-NINE PERCENT!!!!!  

Like, there really is no other result that could have been better!!  The tumors have almost been erased from existence!!!

The tumors in my brain are basically battled back.  My symptoms are under control.  There is no evidence of disease anywhere else in my body.  

MIRACLES ARE STILL HAPPENING.  



Our plan moving forward:
Dr. Fleener feels like we should do something.  She's not sure how much will change or if doing a little something will make a huge difference, but she feels better doing something rather than nothing.  

So, we are going to go forward with the hormone (estrogen) therapy drug, Zoladex, which is a shot I'll receive every 4 weeks.  It will cause me to move into menopause with possible side effects: hot flashes, insomnia, feeling achey, lower sex drive, vaginal, and emotional changes.  There is no guarantee that this will prevent cancer from coming back, BUT---if there's a chance that some of my tumors might be fed by estrogen, it's worth a shot.  (ha!)

I'll also start receiving Zometa, a bone-building agent, with my regular maintenance drugs, which will help prevent osteoporosis.  


THERE WERE NO TEARS TODAY!!!  We were all smiles!!!  It's a little hard to believe that we actually have the miracle we've all been praying for.  Who knows how long it will last, but we are soaking it all in.  

From here, we will continue to scan every 4 months, or so.  There is always the looming cloud that cancer will come back, but we don't know where.  However, I have the best people watching me and constantly on the battle front.  


Today was a good day.  










9 comments:

  1. This is SO AMAZING!! You are a walking modern day miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but I have been cheering you on from afar - this is soooooo awesome for you & your family. Congratulations on the best news ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful news! I'm feeling incredibly happy for ou and for the miracles Heavenly Father continues to perform in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Yay! Yay! The prayers of many are resulting in miracles. This is the
    best news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best news ever Mel!!! Miracles are real and you are so loved by so many!!! Prayers of gratitude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaaaaay!!!! SO happy for you and those that love you!!! You're one heck of a fighter, M'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so happy to read this!!! love & prayers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM CANCER.
    I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you don in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested CANCER SIMPLEX VIRUS positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem or you are also infected with any kind of disease, contact him Drwilliams098765@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there

    ReplyDelete
  9. When your doctor tells you that they had to squint to see the tumor, you know that is a good thing. The fact it is getting smaller is great news, and maybe the best of news. As you gain confidence and strength, your positive attitude will help to only bring more good things in your life as the years unfold.

    Kacey @ Glendale MRI

    ReplyDelete