Friday, November 30, 2018

Good Calls + Echo




I got a call from Dr. Cole Wednesday evening. My phone was on silent, she left a message:


“Hey Melodee it's Dr. Cole. I just wanted to let you know that I spoke with the radiation oncologist and he reviewed all of your images and it looks like that funny spot that we saw on your scan that  was done here has been there before and it doesn't look like it's changing at all! There is  nothing we need to  do now other than watch it.  he did say that he  wanted to  set up some follow up MRIs, but I’ll  talk to him about whether we could just do them up here and then have you see him as needed if something changes so that you don't have to   keep going back downtown. I just wanted to let you know that everything  looks awesome and good and there's no signs of anything new going on and so that she's very reassuring that you're stable OK I'll talk to you later bye-bye…”


That’s pretty cool, plus a literal weight off my brain.  



I also had an appointment for an echo at Dr. Raza's {my new cardiologist} office.  I thought it was silly how I nearly matched the curtain behind which I changed.  It was the most thorough echo I've ever had.

Later that evening, Dr. Raza called me personally.
My echo showed my EF at 55%, which is in the normal range.  She's not too worried about me.  It doesn't necessarily mean that they are taking the diagnosis of cardiomyopathy off my chart, but now I'm just on a "monitoring" plan for now.


It's good to have good news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment