Wednesday, November 28, 2018

H&P #47 + appt. with Dr. Cole-io



Thanksgiving week this year was a bit tough.  
THE WHOLE FAMILY 
experienced the joy of a 24+ hour stomach bug.  

I was the +, as I was in bed for most of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after Thanksgiving.  

Being in that state makes me realize how lucky and thankful I truly am for the miracles that have happened in my cancer journey to make it possible for me to be in the state I'm in.

I keep thinking back to the radiation oncologist nurse who came into the room and asked,
"YOU'RE the patient?  Oh, I was expecting someone who looked MUCH WORSE,
after reading your file."

It's blessings upon blessings upon prayers and more that have made it possible for me to be alive at all, let alone in this state of health.  

It's also crazy that I've been doing this maintenance protocol for 47 times.  That's nearly 150 weeks of this treatment, and still going.

There are some really hard days and sad days and days full of fatigue, pain, and frustrations, but there are days of joy and family and traditions and making new memories.  There are days of laughing and working and reaching goals and music and remembering old memories and experiencing record-making football games and watching children grow into incredible humans and love.
  
I have much for which to be thankful.   


I love that I get to watch the seasons changing on the leaves outside the window.  
I wonder how it will look in December.  And the next December after that.  


Much love and cancer kicking still to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment