Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Quick Scan Result


I read recently:
We are all in the same boat in 2020.
(Or was it....We are all in the same storm?)

I'm not sure which quote is more accurate.  
Maybe, it's a little of both?  


I had post-chemotherapy CT scans last week.  

I'm hoping they will bring good news, but I also understand that good news has been so few and far between in 2020 that John Krasinski has created his own news show strictly with good news only.  







It usually takes at least four days for results to come back around here.  This time, however, I got a call and a personal message from MyChart (a medical app) a few hours later.  That led me to assume that this would probably NOT show up on "Some Good NEWS."  I was right. 

"Your scan does show a DVT (deep vein thrombosis/blood clot)  in your pelvis.  This is dangerous. Dr. Cole recommends starting Eliquis, a blood thinner, immediately....."

Below that was basically everything I could have discovered from WEBMD about this blood clot that decided to take shelter in my right gonadal vein.   I'd also been dealing with a painful, swollen, area from a previously quiet varicose vein on my left leg, which was deciding to speak up LOUDLY during the Coronas, making walking or even being barely touched by clothing nearly impossible.  

I was already dealing with pain, and now I had something "dangerous" to think about.  

 


In my cancer journey I often wonder "WHAT ELSE?"

Is there really more that I MUST go through-physically and medically-to prove my hope and faith, both to be healed and to NOT be healed, as well as that I can stay humble through trials, remembering that everyone has their own stuff (boats, storms, or both) to deal with?




Yes.  Apparently, yes there is.  
That point was made even more clear, as I attempted to pick up the medication my doctor had sent to the pharmacy, which JUST HAPPENED to be out of stock.  REALLY????

Thanks to a friend's help, I was able to start the correct dose the next day, and now will have another pill to add to my collection.  I'm hoping that I can get that stupid blood clot under control before a piece breaks off and decides to move away from home and take up residence in my lungs or brain. 

 That might just be the WHAT ELSE I just can't handle right now.  



 However, I can't pray and expect the Lord to direct my footsteps, if I'm not willing to move my feet.  I am frustrated many days and questioning my purpose and how much longer I will have to work on that purpose, but I know that I am known and loved and that there is a reason for me to still be here.  


I do not have all the answers, but I know that I, for now, can keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving those feet to kick cancer down the road!  

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosu

    ReplyDelete