Sunday, May 31, 2020

A Good Day




I saw this sunset as a gift from God to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary.  The picture does not do justice to the natural beauty of this miracle, which felt to be just for us.

Twenty years is an accomplishment.  We've had ups and downs, like everyone does, and we've also had huge mountains to climb, only to see a more challenging hike on the horizon.  Through all these years of fighting cancer, Stephen never gave up.  He kept on fighting by my side.  It has not been easy, by any description of events.  I could never be sure that I would live to see the milestones in life that I have so far: children, living through cancer multiple times, 40+years old, 20+ years of marriage.  There are many more roads to travel.

The week leading up to today was a rough one.  I was feeling down about being behind with all of my goals for 2020.  The Coronas had me down (and up, thanks to that pesky Covid-19).  Rabbits ate more flowers, even after dosing the garden with fox urine granules and Rabbit SCRAM.  My kids don't know how to not pick fights.   How difficult it can sometimes be be to deal with "all the things."

I am not a fan of horoscopes and never base my life choices on them, but I saw one today that summed things up surprisingly well.  Perhaps when you are feeling down, you might find some hope for yourselves in this silly thing that changed my outlook on the week.

You are brave.  You are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.  You smile, even when you're sad.  You laugh often and cry, too.  However, you are stronger than anyone realizes and you never give up.  You know life is short and precious, and there is always hope.  You are the sea-mostly calm and beautiful to watch, but not so when angered.  You love greatly and would do anything to protect those you love.  Your biggest goal in life is to use your hope and strength to help others along your way.


This may not be me to a tee, but it reminded me that that everyone has ups and downs in life, but also great strengths.  Focus on the strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment