Thursday, April 8, 2021

Love + Days After New Chemo

 I am so blessed!

An outpouring of love and emotions has hit me like a perfect storm today.  

The third day after chemo, in the past, has often been the day I feel a little low.  On the actual day, I'm pumped up with pre-meds [steroids, anti-allergy, anti-nausea, etc.] Plus, I already have it in mind to take it easy that day and rest.  The resting mode comes in the day after chemo, especially with a new chemo, to help make sure I recover well.  Lots of fluids, small meals, resting, long soak in the tub, easy meals [especially when Stephen cooks them.]. All these actions hopefully help keep away nausea and diarrhea and combat the fatigue.  That third day is a toss-up.  Sometimes in the past, that is the day when all the drugs fall off and so do I.  Or, I take things too lightly, or do too many things, and end up back in bed.  

This third day was beyond incredible!  

Woke up to a happy egging on the front door from youth out of a church activity.



My OG Pink Warriors got together to donate money for freezer meals.  The one who is now local coordinated to make a bunch of freezer meals and brought them over.  Right before, my great cleaning ladies came for a weekly session. They still give me a cancer discount, for which I am so grateful.  About 15 minutes later, my youngest sister pulls upon the driveway, having flown from Utah to help me this week, having been delivered to my home from the airport by one of my current Pink Warriors.  





All of these miracles touched my heart and brought hope and joy.  I love witnessing unexpected love and Christlike service from people who want to make a difference for good.  

A mom from gymnastics had already planned to deliver a meal that night.  She and her son walked in, carrying two HUGE baskets of goodies: one overflowing with snacks + one overfilled with gift cards purchased with donations that began with just my son's team and spread through the entire gym.  

Usually, there will be a handful of people who reach out and check in during the week of people.  I am fine reflecting and meditating and resting and pondering, but I do love being able to interact.  Today, alone, there was such an obvious manifestation and representation of love and food prayers that it was undeniably gather by placing God's love directly through hearts all over Texas on the same day, in the same place, in our little world.  


I know I am known.  I know my family is loved.  I know there are still good people--great people in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment