Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Real Chemo Day! Enhertu #1 + Zometa

This chemo day started off a little crazy.  My appointment time was 12:15.  My Aunt Terri S. was able to take me today, and we left with plenty of time.  However, the main exit was blocked, and traffic was TERRIBLE!!!!  Plus, I didn't even know how to get to the clinic a different way.  Thank goodness for a phone and maps!!!


We were only 30 minutes late and not the first late patient with the same problem.  I think this was another benefit of getting to know the people on my team and being kind to them.  They let me slip through, even when showing up so NOT on time!  

Soon, I was called back to the labs room.  I was just praying that my numbers would be good enough to have the treatment.   




Dr. Cole saw me going into the exam room and waved and callout out, "YOU'RE BACK!!!"  I love these people who care so much about my life.  


My liver enzymes were all "almost normal."  Most importantly, everything looked good for me to go ahead with chemotherapy today.  


To add to the already long day, the first dose of a new chemo must be delivered at a slower speed than normal, to check for possible allergic reactions.  Also, added pre-meds help me to tolerate the drug better.  [steroid + anti-nausea]. 
Also to add more time, today just HAPPENED to be my time for Zometa, my regularly scheduled bone infusion.  



Here's to another new chemo and BTHOC! 




No comments:

Post a Comment