Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Enhertu #13 + Zometa + Seeing the New Clinic


I came to chemo by myself today.  
This hasn't happened in a LONG time, but it was just fine.


(Pay no attention to the potentially confused/negative look on my masked face, as it has more to do with trying not to have the squinty eyes from the sunlight streaming in through the waiting room windows!) 




I met my new nurse team and got the lay of the land.   All was wonderful.  There's all kinds of amenities and freebies to explore.  Free lunches, free snacks and drinks, my own personal tv, a community puzzle/game table, and a whole bunch of swag for the first time.  I almost felt like a celebrity.



My labs were just fine, and I was ready to go.  

The only downside so far is that I no longer have my own, private space.  It seems as if I got a little too used to a private treatment room for the last few years.  This clinic is back to the large group setting, an open patient situation, where all patients are in a community setting.  (Mostly, it's no big deal.  It's just difficult when Abuelita has her phone of highest volume, speaker calls for her entire treatment time and  the whole place can hear niteo (the grandson) screaming and crying at the top of his lungs.  

Soon after that, I remembered that I had a spare set of ear pods in my purse, and all that loud familia convo was blocked out of my nearly perfect day.  

Then, the bonus for the day was getting to go back to the private shopping space for survivors.  I got to update my head gear with the newest on turbans and turban decor, as well as my choice in a room full of new heads.  Here's the first day's choice, and there is promise of more.  




I think I'm gonna like it here!  




I plan to get these foot prints into the desert and start continue walking this cancer journey with hope and faith.  The first question I get asked after someone learns that my family and I just moved here from the Dallas area is, "Why would you come here?" as if here is the worst thing that anyone could possibly endure.  I am loving the smaller, simpler life. There are plenty of ups and downs, but that happens anywhere you go.  Life is never perfect.  Truthfully, I don't know all of the reasons why we felt we needed to move here, but I know it was an answer to prayers. We have moved more than the average family, but we have learned much from each of these adventures.  The best advice and example from a dear friend was to "Bloom where you're planted."  No matter where you are or what your circumstances may be, put on a smile and start growing where you are.  Discover the area, get involved, be nice, and look on the bright side.  It will be amazing how life can thrive.




P.S. Any ideas on names for this gal? 
 

1 comment:

  1. love the ombre look - goes well with the sunglasses. However, Pink brightens your face and really makes you glow.

    ReplyDelete