Thursday, July 7, 2022

3 Month MRI Check

 


It's crazy that it's already been 3 months and time for another trip to Lubbock for another brain MRI.  
I'm grateful my aunt was able to drive me again, and feel so loved that family friends opened their home for us to stay overnight.  I'm also glad that this time the appointment wasn't at the crack of dawn, so I had time to get sleep before the scan.  


I'm glad for that, as there was quite the wait time before the scan.  We found out that was due to a large amount of scan patients being squeezed in from the ER.  The tech told me she would be back to get me in five minutes.  After much. more than five minutes, the first tech didn't show up, but another one did.  He gave me instructions of changing into the robes, removing any metal and all fabric that was not cotton.  Then he talked about the IV.  I explained that my veins are not good.  He took a look and disagreed.  I told him again that they might look good, but the ALWAYS roll or blow.  He knew it would go well.  "I got you, girl." was the last of that conversation before we headed in for the scan.  


The tech, with all his confidence, made me into a pin cushion.  Oh, how I wish I would have left my port access in from the day before!  The tech swore that it worked, even after digging and resticking and starting the contrast.  Finally, I just told him to stop and try the other arm.  I have pain and a bruise from all that mess.  He "got me," alright.  

As a tender mercy, just at that moment, a nurse came by to check on the techs and was able to get the IV, and the rest of the scan got done.  




I was less than thrilled and ready for lunch.  




No comments:

Post a Comment