Friday, July 8, 2022

Here Comes the Sun

 After what felt like a wild goose chase to find Dr. Sun's office, we finally made it to Dr. Sun's office.  (Three different people giving us directions that did not match with each other or with the address I have been given. It was more than a little bit frustrating.)

Even though we showed up late for my scheduled appointment, everyone was very nice and accommodating once we arrived.  


Dr. Sun, with his calming, quiet voice, was welcoming and kind.  He checked in with my current treatments, and seemed very happy about Enhertu.  Then, he started asking questions. 

Have you been having headaches?

What about other pain?

Nausea? Diarrhea? 

Fatigue?

Other new symptoms?

This line of questioning was getting a little bit annoying, so I finally said, "Dr. Sun--Is there something wrong with my scans?  Just tell me what they found."


They found some new, REAL, tumors this time.  It's not the best news, but not the worst.  They are planning on doing gamma knife radiation in the next week or so.  Sun will get with Scranton and make a plan for me to come back to Lubbock and get the new spots zapped.  


He asked if I wanted a video to show the new areas of concern. The first part of the video shows the scans from the top of my brain down.  The top part is not of concern.  


The last half of the video shows new spots in my lower brain.  Most of them are circular or pointed out by Dr. Sun.  





I am not super happy about this news, but I am ready to keep on keeping on.  



Let's treat this beast.  



No comments:

Post a Comment