Thursday, July 14, 2022

MRI Results



I was not too happy for this appointment, as I was already aware of the bad results of tumors in my brain.  

Here's what the report said.  

Impression: There has been interval development significant to the small metastatic foci involving the bilateral cerebellar hemisphere as well as likely involving  the cerebellar vermis which may also be involved with leptomeningeal enhancement which all appear to be new with local mass effect except for the previous area of linear enhancement along the periphery of left cerebellar hemisphere associated with mild edema and local mass effect.
There is interval development of multiple metastatic foci approximately 4 in number on the right side and 3 in number on the left side associated with mild degree of subjacent edema compared with the previous MRI of the brain from 3/24/22.


I was also not thrilled because I waited A LONG time to see Dr. Tafur.  
He went over the results. 
We discussed a few options and he gave some ideas on what he suggested.  My neuro-oncologists were still researching and counseling on the best options for me at the time.  That was actually fine as we had our big summer road trip planned for the following week.  

Tafur's nurse had asked me to put on the organic paper robe, which was unnecessary as I wasn't there for a breast exam, but to discuss my brain.  Dr. Tafur told me to just tell them in the future that I don't need to change for an appointment like this one, as having all patients wear the paper is part of their protocols.  

And that was it.  No decisions have been made.  I should go enjoy my family vacation.  We could try to get 2nd and 3rd opinions or look up trials for new drugs, but nothing was set in stone for the best option.  







Go on your road trip.  See the country.  Make memories.  
See me the week you get back. 


With that advice in mind, I headed home to try to finish up some of our last minute vacation plans.  

And, a driver of a Dodge Charger came at me, falling to yield and busted up that bit of hope.  There are just some days when I have to ask WHY?

Have we not been through enough?  Could something else go wrong?  Is it time to give up?   
 



And, then I remembered that I have people and we are in this together and I will still keep keeping on.  

We borrowed Stephen's dad's truck and went on our way.
And hit a huge dog on a suicide mission. 
And a bird in the same mode.
And got our clothes and supplies wet in the back, when we had purchased a rooftop cargo shell for our car in preparation for said road trip.  
We. had some hiccups and ridiculously annoying and frustrating setbacks, but we survived and stayed in places with laundromats and saw had beautiful adventures of a big part of this land of the free.  

It is not easy to keep going when the world seems to be against you, but I will put one foot in front of the other and keep living the life I have been given.  

1 comment:

  1. If there is anyone in this world that can keep on going it's you. And the world seems to understand that and try to stop you, but you are stronger than the world. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete