Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Enhertu #26

 


This week had a quadruple purpose, only one for chemo infusion.
The appointment was at 9:00, and we strolled in almost on time.  


Labs took FOREVER!!!!
However, it gave us extra time on our other endeavors.  

Dana was able to work on her school work and get more than halfway done on her soon-to-be-due paper.  

Next was the party planning for her husband's soon to be here 40th birthday.  While Dana was writing, I was searching themes and supplies and building the invite.  Party planning is a thing we BOTH love to do, but Dana needed help in the form of a planner for this one, with all the October things going on in her house + the momma to younger kids and sports and fall traditions, etc.  That's where I come in, and we FINISHED all plans and purchases during this infusion fusion of creative party minds.    



I wish I had more time to get a bit more ready for the day, but had to do a ride-along with Kyle as he's practicing driving in order to receive his actual license and not just a learner's permit.  No one from early morning swim would take him to school.  He had to notify me to get out of the bath and throw some clothes on.  That's what delayed our arrival to the Cancer Center, but Kyle did a great job of driving to school and not crashing and delaying anything any further!
No matter how many tiny minutes we showed up behind schedule, I was rocking' these pink boot dress shoes with a bit of 1880's and 1900's theme.  They are a mix of when shoes had to be buckled with hooks and when fancy fashionistas wore their jeans down over heels.  



The pharmacy FINALLY approved my infusion--my liver numbers were a little elevated than from last time.  Duh.  I have a couple of new tumors that have been biopsied last week.  Let's move ahead with treatment to try to keep going on a treatment to weed them out.  


We had some snacks and chicken fajitas for lunch, and then it was time to head out and accomplish the 4th goal of the day--dropping off donations that we've been collecting for the month and challenging each other to do more to win a lunch from the losing side.  Dana has BY FAR been the winner for October.  The next infusion is mid-November.  We'll see if I can tie it up!


ps.  The Covid booster I had on Monday really knocked me out yesterday.  Feeling much better today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment