Thursday, January 24, 2013

In Good Hands

Having faith and trust in my medical care will be crucial in this process.

I truly feel like I am in good hands with the team of doctors that will help me beat this thing.

That is made even more clear to me each time I meet with one of them.

From the personal referral to my surgeon by one of the best doctors I've ever known to the testimony of a nurse that, "you are in good hands with Dr. Pollack.  God works through her.  I've seen miracles happen.  You're going to be fine."  Dr. Pollack's surgical nurse also spoke about God and told me "Dr. Pollack is amazing.  She prays before every surgery.  She will pray with you in the OR if you want.  If you don't want that, she prays anyway for herself."  I was filled with such peace just knowing that my Heavenly Father has given me 2 witnesses of His presence in that office.

Dr. Pollack says that Dr. Naqvi is the best.  Some lovingly call her "Dr. Nazi," just because she aggressively fights the cancer, and when she gives orders, they are followed.  That's exactly the type of doctor I want fighting on my side.  {Not the Nazi part of it, but you know what I mean!}  I've also heard that she is a wizard and a genius and that her mix of chemo and drugs will do miracles.  Again, the miracles and the description of amazing medical talents.

God was even brought up while meeting with my cardiologist today.

I'm truly in good hands with these doctors, and I believe it's because they all allow God to work through them.

And, really, aren't HIS the best hands for any of us to be in?     

3 comments:

  1. Amazing. I have great faith in these doctors because of their faith in God. The Lord is certainly aware of you and this journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are basically a Transformer now, right? I'm gonna start calling you Optimus Prime. ;)

    ReplyDelete