Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pink Warriors

 How blessed I am to have such an amazing support system!  I know not everyone is as lucky as I am when they are going through these trials, and I am aware at what a silver lining that is in all of this.  All the positivity, prayers, texts, phone calls, emails, facebook messages/comments, cards, babysitting, meals, advice, flowers, and gifts has been overwhelming and so touching, not to mention a life preserver to lift me up on days when I'm weak.  As crazy as it sounds to some people, I also have this blog to get me through.  Not everyone deals with trials in this manner.  I know to some it seems weird to put myself out there like this and to share this process, but it's therapeutic for me.  I want to remember as many details as I can about this process and maybe be of some help to another young mother who will face similar trials in the future.  If I've learned anything in these 2 short weeks, it's how much we are connected as a human family, all brothers and sisters as children of our Heavenly Father.  This human experience is something we all share--in different circumstances and with different challenges, but we are all connected.  It's undeniable how much I've seen the time/distance/differences shrink and hearts of near strangers open up when we can connect through our experiences, especially in times of need.  It's so touching to feel that and to be a part of making even more connections.     

Last night--Chemo Eve--the doorbell rang around 7:45, as I was just finishing up dishes, about to put the boys {and myself} to bed before this chemo journey began.  I opened the door to see an army of friends on my doorstep, proudly displaying their pink-ribbon armor, with the theme song from "Rocky" playing.  It was awesome!

They brought me some battle weapons of a beautiful Vera Bradley breast cancer blanket and keychain, along with encouraging words and love from even more warriors who couldn't be standing by me on the battlefield at that moment, but were sending strength and prayers.   

You can tell I'm one tired warrior--but so happy and touched. 



Part of my pink sisters in battle to BTHO cancer!



Thanks so much.  As Stephen would say, "We can do this, America!"

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Made me cry for joy that someone was able to do something so special and uplifting for you the night before the battle began. Wow. Those are some great pink warriors.

    ReplyDelete