Friday, March 8, 2013

Hair Today....Bald Tonight Party

 I have some amazing friends who wanted to throw me a hat and scarf shower when they heard I was having chemo and losing my hair.  It was going to be a surprise, but when I thought I wasn't losing my hair for a few months, we decided to postpone the party until I needed it. 

Then, my hair started falling out, earlier than expected, and I had the idea to have a head shaving party.  Instead of doing 2 different events, I asked if we could combine the shower and the shaving into one big party.  This is what my awesome Pink Warriors came up with....



 Some incredible hostesses:

 Mingling before the shaving:



Tasty treats:








 Bald:




 A group shot....minus at least one.  {If you were there and not pictured, will you remind me, so I can keep it for my cancer chronicles book?}





 I opened some great gifts: fashionable hats and scarfs, some accessories, and money toward my wig{s} fund. 









 Once I got home, I was so touched reading so many uplifting and funny cards and the personal messages inside them.  Thank you, thank you for all the heartfelt well-wishes.  I didn't read all the cards at the party because I wanted to pay close attention to them and feel them uplift me without an audience, but I couldn't help but look at this gem:


Thank you so much to all who helped to put this party together, to support me by coming, and to be so generous with your love, your encouraging words, your cheering me on, your smiles and positivity, and for being part of my army of pink warriors in this battle.  




3 comments:

  1. What a great party!!! So fun. Love all those hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a fun party! You have some really great friends. Love all the hats and scarves. So glad this hurdle was turned so positive for you. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Looks like such a fun party, wish we could have come too.

    ReplyDelete