Friday, October 21, 2016

MRI Results

Instead of having an "old soul," I'm beginning to think I'm a young soul in an old body.  

My left knee has been bothering me for a couple of years.  I planned on finally having it looked at last year after Stephen healed from his surgery.  However, cancer overshadowed those plans.  

I had a steroid shot in it earlier in the year that actually helped, but has worn off.  Now, the pain has gotten so annoying that another shot isn't going to help....it was time to see a doctor to see about fixing it and not just trying to cover it up.  

I had an MRI on my left knee on Wednesday.  Yesterday, I got the results:
there were pieces of cartilage "floating around" in there.
And, oh yeah:
ARTHRITIS.  

See?  Old Body.

This body keeps getting cancer and now is starting to be bothered with arthritis.  (I also have it in my hips.)

So.....I'll be having arthroscopic surgery on my knee next Friday to clean out the cartilage that probably broke off from some type of little injury and could now be getting caught underneath the joint and causing pain.  There will be two small incisions in my knee: one for a camera and one for the tools.  The incisions won't be the cause of pain; they won't even be large enough to need stitches or staples.  The pain of the surgery will be on the inside, from all the digging around to clear out the cartilage.  

I'll be on crutches for 24-48 hours, not able to drive for a few days, and will need about 6 weeks of recovery, with some physical therapy.  

It's always something.      



1 comment:

  1. Oh man! If it's not one thing, it's another!! But if you need a referal for a physical therapist...I had a great one at the outpatient clinic at the Med. Nate wouldn't take me as a patient! But Linda Whitworth is amazing. And good luck with surgery & a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete