Monday, October 22, 2018

CT Scan

After all those great feelings about my new place, I had to go and do something 
like get a CT scan.  

The *delicious* vanilla shake was exactly as I remember it.  


The straw helped, though!  


While drinking this breakfast smoothie, I thought about asking if 
I could have my port accessed.  
The awesome front desk woman, who had already been amused by 
my choices and comments about the Barium smoothie,
said, "Sure! Just go upstairs to the Cancer Clinic!"

She said this like it was no big deal.  
However, when I went upstairs, 
the woman who checks people in was not well pleased
"Do you have an appointment?" she responded to my request.
"I didn't know I was supposed to."
"Well, I just don't know if they'll be able to fit you in this morning."
(I still had an hour until my appointment.)
"Even with an hour left?"

"I'll see what I can do."

What do you know, but someone called me back in 12 minutes, 
and I was headed back downstairs, with port accessed.  


The techs were great.
The CT was easy, one of the easiest, in my opinion.



If only we could make that barium smoothie more like a Dr. Pepper.....






CT Results: 
1. Osseous metastases; no other evidence of thoracic metastatic pathology.
2. Recommend comparison with any prior imaging, if available.


In other words, my spine is screwed up, but it's most likely because it's been 
eaten away by cancer already.  

We need the CDs from all my other scans to compare.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post, If you want to experience new flavors in milkshakes then check out the starbucks menu price list

    ReplyDelete