Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Dr. Coolio

I'm finally up and running in Dallas with a new oncologist.  It's comforting that she already knows me through my story, having discussed my case with Dr. Fleener.  It's nice to have another young, female oncologist who studied with Dr Fleener, and seems ready to take on my craziness.

It's been a rough few weeks in our lives.
Stephen finally moved here and started his new job.
Our house finally went under contract.
We moved our stuff out of the house and into two storage units in Frisco.
The buyer decided she didn't like our house without our stuff in it.  (She went in the day BEFORE our scheduled deep clean and saw the mess left under furniture in a house for four years.)
She backed out of the contract, but had only put in $100, so we *really* lucked out.
We discovered a leak in the roof, water all on the sheet rock in the garage.
Stephen went to check on the place and found our dining room chandelier destroyed, after having fallen from the ceiling and smashed on the ground.
Insurance couldn't get their act together, and I had to postpone my treatment.
It's been raining nearly everyday for three weeks!

As you can see, we've had quite a few bumps in the road in the last few months.

That's behind us, for now, as I embark on this new journey with a new doctor.

Meeting Dr. Cole was a great first impression, one of a caring and kind and interested physician.  She asked about my eye and hands, posing a question I haven't heard before: "Is Brachydactyly connected to breast cancer?"

I'm excited about getting going on treatment.

I'm not too excited about having to do a bunch of baseline scans, especially since we tried to do them in the summer, so I wouldn't have to pay for more until the new year.  Also, I am not excited AT ALL about driving downtown for the MRI, MUGA, and bone scan.  I'm having MAJOR anxiety about driving there, so I might UBER my way.  We will see.....

As Dr. Cole was ending our meeting, she summarized her plan, where I go from here, explained all the baseline tests she wanted, and ordered labs to be done right in the office that day.

"Coolio?"

I've been thinking about what the next phase of my blog posts would be titled.  She gave herself her own nickname!





Kicking cancer to a new curb!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment