Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Dr. Coolio + Halloween

I LOVE Halloween.  
Since I had an oncology appointment, 
my first costume of the day was breast cancer inspired.

Survivor Princess.  



Dr. Cole said they couldn't dress up, but she did her best to be holiday festive, 
with her Halloween orange dress with circular "pumpkins." 


My results for all tests:

Some of the wording looked pretty scary.  
(Lots of talk of osseous disease and degenerative changes, among other things.)

Dr. Cole thinks these findings are most likely just documenting things 
that were already there because of past treatments and disease.  
However, we are hopefully getting all the past CDs in order to 
compare and make a better analysis.  

I asked all kinds of questions, and she answered them all.
I first wanted to make some kind of arrangements where I wouldn't have to drive downtown at all those crazy hours, so many times in a week for tests.  
I asked about some pains in my lower abdomen, wondering if it was a hernia.  Nope.  
Should I get a new port, as so many people in DFW seem to be having difficulties with it.
I'm set up with a referral, if I want it replaced.
What about the MUGA result?
She's not too concerned about it, as it's just on the low side of normal.  
She has referred me to a cardiologist, who is interested in studying these drug-induced heart changes.  She also set me up to see a new radiation oncologist.

Asked about where to go from here.  
We can't really make a decision until we see the other images.  

No tricks this Halloween.
No real good news treats, either.

Hurry up and wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment