Monday, September 23, 2019

Dr. Raza + ECHO

It was a very good appointment today.  

I made a new friend AND my heart made new improvements!

Three months has already passed, so it was time for another ECHO + meeting with my cardiologist.  

I got all dolled up in this amazing gown, open to the front.  



My new buddy, let's call him Randy, is new to the HeartPlace.  He is my kind of person, and brought me joy from the beginning.  (He whispered a number lower than my actual weight on the scale!). Before we began the scan, he stopped everything and said, "Hold on, girl.  I gotta get my Motown goin'!"  He then grooved and sang during the whole thing, which I loved.  We got to know a little about each other.  He is a survivor.  At age 16, he died (asthma attack) for 3 minutes, but was brought back to live his best life every day of whatever he has.  God has a plan for him, just like he does for me.  I chuckled when he asked me if I was a Baby Boomer.  I DID just turn FORTY, but am a baby of Baby Boomers! We laughed again when Randy was putting on my leads and his fist bumped my chin.  I told him, "If you want me to be still, just ask me.  You don't have to knock me out!"  At first, he wasn't sure if I was serious.  "Don't say that out loud!  I don't want to get fired!"  And then we laughed and jammed throughout the whole thing. 


After a quick EKG, Dr. Raza came in.  

GOOD NEWS:  My ejection fraction is improving!!!  I was down to 45% last time, and now I'm almost to 50%. She was so happy with this news that she's downgrading me from a 3-month interval patient to a 6-month one.  That's pretty big news in my book!  


No comments:

Post a Comment