Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Herceptin #59 + Crazy Rash


How grateful I am that this last three weeks didn't require any scans or other doctor appointments.  I needed a break on medical stuff in order to wrap my head around school starting again!  
Next week will be back to tests and labs, but it's been a much needed break.  

The end of summer has been interesting--trying to soak all the free time and joy out of each day. I also turned FORTY, which is actually miraculous.  In January of 2017, my doctors thought I might not even make it six months, and here I am celebrating 40+!  

My doctor and I have pretty much given up on insurance covering Perjeta for me.  The latest excuse is that the drug doesn't work, i.e, it doesn't stop cancer from growing in my body.  WRONG: My body has been cancer free since December 2015, minus my head, "that lump that's three feet above my [backside.]"--movie, anyone?  Perjeta was not able to really keep cancer out of my brain, as IT DOESN'T CROSS THE BLOOD/BRAIN BARRIER!!!!!!!!!!  Herceptin doesn't, either.  But, so far, cancer has been kept at bay through the rest of my body.  What do these "doctors" working for insurance companies know about this, anyway??? 

Dr. Cole is fine just moving forward with Herceptin for now.  She also is always on the lookout for drug trials.  There is one that I fit quite well: Stage IV breast cancer, Her2+.  The one roadblock might be that I need history of Perjeta + the chemo Taxotere or Paclitaxel.  I cannot remember if I have taken them together, and for now I don't have active cancer.  It seems crazy to take strong chemotherapy with no active cancer in my body, just for the opportunity to be accepted for a trial study.  I'll keep looking out for possibilities.  Like I've said for the last few years, "I just need to stay alive long enough for something new to be invented and then take that until something else is invented and soon someone will invent the cure!"   




Keep kickin' cancer to the curb! 






***Added:
Saturday, I did some work in the yard, just pulling weeds and cleaning out some beds.  I woke up on Sunday with a itchy mess of a rash that still hasn't gone away.  Why?  I stop fighting for Perjeta and find that my old allergic reaction (which was probably TO Perjeta) is gone, I just can't go without switching one kind of drama for another!  That reminds me of my grocery order last week.  I wanted tomatoes.  They tried to substitute for artichokes!  What in the world?  Perhaps that's my lot in life.  I will survive cancer, but will have to put up with all kinds of craziness in the process.



Also, just got a call from the school nurse:
The 2nd grader accidentally got stabbed with a pencil behind his ear and has a big, bleeding gash.  No  graphite in there, though!"

It's always something around here.  BTHO Cancer!




2 comments:

  1. Love your perserverance! Ever feel like if there was not some caveat in any day, that you'd lose your peacefulness and spend the day looking for the other shoe to drop? You're an amazing woman Mel! Keep seeing the best in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in  2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how  i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email                            drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or  / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
     herbal cure for, FEVER, BODY PAIN, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER,  BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE,  PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, BULIMIA DISEASE,   INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS,  SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL  SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B.  DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE,  CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE,  NEOPLASMS, MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete