Thursday, November 14, 2019

CT-Guided Biopsy

The second scan is now complete.

I have had plenty of CT scans in my cancer life, and I have had a biopsy that was much worse than I had expected at the very beginning of my breast cancer diagnosis, but I have never had a CT-guided biopsy.

I was not sure what to expect.

Sadly, I expected the worst.



However, the first tech was able to put in an IV on the first try, and with VERY little pain.  Next, a scan was performed, to check for the location in which to take the biopsies.  After the scan, a large, grid-like sticker was placed on my chest, and another scan was taken.  [The grid showed up in the scan.]. After validating the correct entry point, the tech drew with purple marker to show where to collect the tissue samples.




It was then time to officially begin.


I was promised a sedation in which I would not remember the procedure.  That promise what not kept, due to the nurse only giving me the minimum amount of versed and fentanyl. I kept telling them I had been doing this since 2013 and needed more.  They didn't listen, so instead of a quick nap and forgetting it all, I am able to explain the procedure here.

Hopefully, the results will help us understand the best treatment options for moving forward.








No comments:

Post a Comment