Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Chemo #5-Luck o' the Irish



After having appointments pushed back twice, dealing with insurance mess-ups, receiving fluids and a blood transfusion, and entering Covid Pandemic 2020, I finally was well enough for Chemo #5!



My regularly-scheduled driver's son was feeling sick with a cough and fever, and we didn't want to take any chances, so my father-in-law drove me to treatment and my mother-in-law wrangled the rascals while we were gone.  It was a lovely chat with this guy, while it lasted.  The Benadryl coma hit pretty hard.  It didn't get much of a chance to catch up on cancer updates or much of anything. Apparently, the most important part of making it through today's treatment was a positive pep rally, some authentic love from my peeps,  and some restorative sleep. 




 Usually, a major chemotherapy treatment, one that has taken much work to accomplish and is late in the schedule is enough stress to the body and mind to handle.  Of course, that doesn't seem to be how things go in my world.  Not only was this Tuesday a day for chemotherapy, where we unsure about a possible worldwide virus and its implications, St. Patrick's Day 2020 was the first day of Corona Elementary in our school district.  My children were very late to class, as this chemo was a LONG one, and there was much to set up.  Stephen had to step in as Elementary teacher, after a full day of his real job, and I was not feeling up to taking over after getting home from chemo late in the afternoon.  It was a rough day in the Cooper house, but chemo was done and down to one.   



It's been a long road getting down to the last of this one, but we are on the way to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Not much in the last few weeks has been going according to plan, but we are still going and still fighting,
praying,
hoping,
striving,
working,
plan-changing,
laughing,
crying,
learning,
and trying to forgive and love each other along the way.   


1 comment:

  1. I'm not even sure how I found this but I remember reading the article you wrote in the Ensign and relating to alot of it so well. You are a champ and a fighter. I don't know if I could fight as hard and as much as you have. I was diagnosed with ovarian and uterine cancer in 2017, luckily we caught it early but, it ended our chances of having biological kids after fighting infertility for 11 years. I remember all to well, chemo, neulasta, and all those feelings. I wish you all the best and will pray for you. You can beat this! God bless. <3 Trish

    ReplyDelete