Monday, March 9, 2020

Delay #2 + Fluids



A week in nonsense and confusion gave me deeper compassion for those suffering with neurological conditions with no hope of recovery after chemotherapy.  Thankfully, we have hope that once this treatment is complete, and I've have some recovery time, that many of my regularly scheduled programs will return.

Being a naturally organized and capable human does not mesh well with the varying, and still somewhat blurry and terrifying chaos I find myself piecing together these last few days.  I don't know how long my chaos has been whirling in 2020, but long enough for me to hope to dig out.  And, with two more treatments, It is likely I will fall back in and have to dig out again.  We have discovered that this kind of foggy, extreme Chemo Brain can exaggerated when a patient has received numerous rounds of chemotherapy and especially one after brain radiation.  This is my first major chemo after firing up my brain, so it's hit hard.

I was confused.  I'm sure I confused everyone else.  Who knows what I said to people and in what tone?  Perhaps I will get a bit of a pass on any outrageous actions, as they were not completely under my own free will and agency.  I plead insanity!



Labs came first.
Then, the news that I was not having chemo......again.
Then, my friend helped take notes on Dr. Cole's advice and answers to Stephen's questions about this beast taking over his wife's sanity and how to get it out.  I was probably 40% coherent.


Luckily, we did try something-more fluids.  


Another big bag and an enormous chunk of the day, and I was on the way home to try to not die and not delay.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment