Friday, February 1, 2013

An Apple a Day

 I really have been showered with so many gifts lately.  Who knew I only had to have breast cancer to get so much attention?!?  As my Dad said, "You're done having babies, so I guess you had to come up with some creative way to get your mom to fly down to Texas more often!"

Seriously, though, I'm beyond grateful for all the amazing service, gifts, and love.

When my mom flew in, she came bearing gifts, and was all excited about me opening them--and documenting my reactions.   

New pink jewelry from my Mom and Dad


And, a big one from my siblings.  

 I noticed the smiley face-turned apple on the front, and read the thoughtful card.  It wasn't until I got to to part that was added....."We thought you could use a smile {and an iPad.}"  that I realized the meaning of the picture.  What the...what?!?  An iPad?






I was BLOWN AWAY!  First of all, kudos on the surprise.  It's very rare, indeed, that someone is able to surprise me so well.  I seriously had NO CLUE about this.  Props.  Secondly, I was--and still am--a bit speechless.  Thank you, thank you.

They say, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."  Maybe this was the apple I was in need of--one that will help me through this cancer process and be able to keep the doctors away in the future!


2 comments:

  1. My hubs was given an iPad a year ago from his boss. He had it engraved "To keep doctors away" on the back, lol. That is such a fantastic gift. Hopefully it will enable you to keep connected to others even if/when you're too wiped out to handle anything larger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift! You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete