Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Radiation

My first radiation treatment was Wednesday afternoon.  

I had a scheduled massage that morning.  

After that, I got some soup for lunch, but I wasn't feeling great about going to the appointment alone. I called a friend who dropped everything to take me.

She dropped me off to park the car, and I walked in to check in.  I rushed to the restroom to throw up, but didn't make it.  Made a mess in the hall.  

Cooled off in the office to get back to feeling better.  

Rolled back to radiation.  

Once the headgear was on and set, the whole process only takes 15 seconds on each side.  








Because we are doing a full brain radiation, it doesn't take long at all to get the dosage I can take.


I rolled back out to meet with Dr. Goble, but wasn't feeling well at all.

Jenn drove me home, and that ride is hard.  I threw up when we got home.

It was a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment