Wednesday, May 18, 2022

CT + Results

 



I came to the clinic first to have my port accessed.  I didn't even have to request that little extra this time!  They are starting to get me.  I had plenty of time to wait because the waiting place was FULL.  I've only seen this on Thursdays, when my doctor comes from Lubbock.  Tuesday must be a day that one of the other oncologists comes for appointments.  



After the port access and blood drawn for lab work, I drove over to the Radiology department for a much shorter wait time.  My tech found me to ask about my PORT CARD and to deliver my *delicious cough syrup smoothie.*. My port information is already in the system, as my clinic nurse confirmed this morning, but they need to see it every time, the tech explained.  What the what!?!  By the way,  not once was this reminder on any of the pre-scan directions.  I went through this mess months ago, but "they need to see it every time."  GEEZ.  I don't think they are ever going to accept that I NEVER GOT A PORT CARD!  I have a photo in my phone that shows the product number and the fact that it is, in fact a Power Port.  "But it shows only the injection information for MRI, not CT, and I need to know that for today's scan." (Are you kidding me?  This is not my first rodeo.)
As the tech left to go ask for advice, I got to enjoy this smoothie.  It is MUCH worse that my former vanilla barium shakes, but I gulped it down as quickly as possible.  



Thankfully, the port info I brought, along with the info in the system was enough to proceed with the procedure.  (She actually never mentioned the whole mess again, and I did have the CT without needing an IV stick, so I'm just assuming it was enough,)

While waiting, I was FREEZING.  The temperature was over 100 today, so I didn't think about a sweater or jacket, and that was a mistake for waiting hours in a hospital setting.  I had to ask for some warm blankets to prevent hypothermia.  


The scan went fine.  The port worked, despite the prior fear.  

I went back to the cancer clinic to have the port removed, and headed home.  Due to having to fast all morning and the procedure not complete until almost noon, I barely made it home.  Driving in exhaustion and no food and no meds (I need food in my stomach before most of them) was not smart on my part.  I should have brought snacks for after the scan.  


Stephen was able to meet me for lunch.  And, my scan results were already entered into MyChart.  That's a sign that it was really easy to read--nothing to see here OR something really wrong that needed immediate attention.  

Thankfully, once again, I have been blessed with great news.  Here is the radiologist's impression:
No acute pathology within the soft tissues of the chest, abdomen, or pelvis.  
Stable CT chest, pelvis, and abdomen. 
Bony lesions of sternum, thoracic and lumbar spine are again noted and are stable in appearance.  

The impressions listed a more in-depth report, but all of these lead to an ALL CLEAR and NO CANCER CURRENTLY growing result!!!

Once again, that you for your prayers and concern and love.  I know that I have been blessed and will continue to give thanks for all the miracles in my life.  

I continue on the journey to kick this cancer to the curb.  








No comments:

Post a Comment